The Pulmonary Institute
Kaplan Medical Center
The Pulmonary Institute at Kaplan sees 4-5,000 patients every year in its clinics, and still more patients in or diagnostic and research labs. Our state-of-the-art treatment and diagnostic center and laboratories include:
- A Pulmonary Function Test Lab, including stress tests, pulmonary spirometry, and pulmonary diffusion capacity studies;
- Facilities to perform pleural and CT-guided biopsies, and bronchoscopes;
- An Exercise Physiology Lab.
We are currently conducting several important clinical and academic research studies (some in conjunction with major pharmaceutical companies) in our Exercise Physiology Lab, with a special emphasis on the effects of exercise on COPD patients, and on the performance of professional athletes from various ethnic backgrounds.
In order to be able to maintain our standing as one of eh region’s centers of excellence in Pulmonary Function diagnosis, treatment, and research, we have plans to significantly expand the Institute. Currently located on the fourth floor of our Outpatient Clinics building, the new 600 square-meters (about 6500 square feet) Institute would move to the not-yet-constructed fifth floor of the building.
In addition to the above-mentioned features of our current Institute, the upgraded and expanded Pulmonary Institute would include:
- A Sleep Disorder Treatment and Research Laboratory
- Pulmonary Ergonometry capability
- A comprehensive Sports Clinic and Lab.
We are committed to seeing the project completed within two years of the receipt of funding.