The Master Development Plan prepared by the Kaplan Medical Center in 2010 encompasses a period of twenty years (2010-2030) and is scheduled to be implemented incrementally over the coming years. The developing criteria included therein are based on the following considerations:
- To align the Master Plan with the KMC’s brand and vision;
- To position the KMC to excel and respond to future programs and opportunities;
- To enhance clarity and operational efficiency by consolidating existing programs and functions;
- To enhance the KMC’s image and role in the community and beyond by meeting its future expectations and by creating a legacy which would make it proud;
- To create a destination for knowledge and health services;
- To leverage the existing site’s natural assets to inspire confidence and revitalize community’s spirit;
- To base the plan on realistic value-for-money approach by continuing to serve as an exemplary steward of the physical, monetary and environmental resources and by creating new sources of revenue and strengthening the KMC’s standing as an economic asset for the community.
The 2010-2013 development projects include:
- Completion of the Ida Cabakoff Children’s Medical Center.
- Completion of the Intensive Care Unit.
- Completion of the Ambulatory Surgery Department.
- Completion of the Nuclear Medicine Institute—addition of the Isotopes Institute.
- Construction of the new Geriatric Hospital (Hartzfeld Hospital) on the KMC’s campus.
- Construction of a new Pulmonary Institute.
- Other projects: Purchase of new medical equipment.