As a community hospital, the Kaplan Medical Center represents and consists of most advanced departments in all major medical fields and boasts a nationally recognized medical staff. Its medical staff collaborates with major academic and research institutions in Israel (primarily, with the Weizmann Institute of Science and The Hebrew University in Jerusalem) and abroad, to remain in the forefront of technology and medical standards.
Following are some of KMC’s departments combining medical excellence with state-of-the art technology:
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Breast Health Center, based on an innovative one-stop-shop methodology, one of the most advanced and comprehensive centers in Israel.
- An advanced Cardiac Center including open heart surgery.
- Catheterization Lab which includes all the non-invasive cardiology sub-specialties. The hospital is currently performing replacement of the aortic valve, comparable to the most advanced cardiology centers in the world.A state-of-the-art Diagnostic and Treatment Center for Cardiovascular Disorders, including the entire spectrum of non-invasive imaging.
- The newly constructed Ilan Ramon Emergency Department and Trauma Unit engineered for effective triage, is considered in Israel as a leader in the field of Emergency Medicine. The Department was named in memory of the late Col. Ilan Ramon, the first Israeli astronaut, who perished on Jan.16, 2003 with the crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia STS-107.
- Geriatric Institute of Education and Research and the Hartzfeld Geriatric Rehabilitation Center
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Hemato-Oncology Center.
- Innovative Cancer Research and Treatment Methodologies, including bone marrow and stem cells program.
- Intensive Care Unit
- “Neve Or”- AIDS Treatment and Research Center, Israel’s premier AIDS clinic.
- Nuclear Medicine Department and Isotopes Unit
- Oncology Institute and the Digestive System Tumor Unit
- Ophthalmology Department.
- Pediatric Care The Pediatric Department of the Kaplan Medical Center sees annually 55,000 age 0-16 young patients. Its current in-patient 60-beds unit accommodates over 6,000 children annually. Due to the very difficult physical conditions of the department, the Kaplan Medical Center had constructed a new Pediatric Medical Center to which part of the Pediatric Department will be transferred on Jan. 2nd, 2012, upon completion of Stage 1 of the construction.
- Pulmonary Institute